Whether it’s time for spring cleaning or your Sylvania apartment really looks grimy, a thorough cleaning will freshen it up again. It can be easy to get overwhelmed when taking on more than you can handle at one setting. In order to make tidying up your apartment less of a challenge, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Sylvania renters.
Your Sylvania Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Complete these jobs in all spaces of your place before tackling rooms individually to optimize your time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Sylvania to keep track of everything.
- Throw away clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Clean door frames and tops of doors.
- Wipe down all interior walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window coverings.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and treat scuff marks and stains.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and the light fixture of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Whether you enjoy having friends over or sitting in your space by yourself, keep your living room neat and welcoming with a proper cleaning.
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Utilize a hair removal tool if you have pets.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Dust electronics with a microfiber cloth.
- Shine up furniture by polishing.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Be sure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are located in an easy-to-find area.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The multitude of messes in the dining room are from food. When dealing with dried food stuck to the floor or table, position a warm, damp rag over it for one or two minutes to loosen it up.
- Sweep crumbs from tabletops and seats and pay attention to stickier areas.
- Clean the backs and legs of chairs.
- Polish a wood table or make use of a glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Use a feather duster to address open shelving with glass or dishware.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens are often sticky and smelly from all that cooking. You might go with standard cleaning products to cut through those greasy stains, but a few everyday materials work great as well.
- Wipe off cabinetry with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down counters with an appropriate product for the type of counter you have or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Wash out sinks with a paste of baking soda and a bit of water. A few shakes of baking soda sprinked down the garbage disposal will aid in removing odors. Follow it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Run the dishwasher with a container of vinegar in the top rack. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the moisture loosen up burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with a damp sponge or cloth.
- You can remove and wash stove drip pans in the sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with a store-bought cleaning solution or equal parts vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Act in accordance with the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or you can utilize baking soda and water to wash it out.
- Use a food-safe cleaning product or vinegar and water to take care of the fridge inside and out; follow with a damp cloth. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and sweep the floor underneath.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
If you dread dealing with dirty bathrooms, take on these easy chores once a day to keep the bathroom from getting too filthy.
- Wide down mirrors with glass cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Disinfect counters with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar and water on a cloth.
- Wash off cabinets with mild soap followed a damp cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Clean off the toilet with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Scrub the shower and bathtub with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Sylvania
You’ll get better sleep in a clean bedroom!
- Clean up or reorganize your closet.
- Use a duster for any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Launder the bedding.
- Pick up your dirty clothes from the floor and throw them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Utilize a vacuum attachment to dust underneath your bed frame.
Find A Spacious Apartment At SOMO Flats
A dirt-free apartment is great, but sometimes you need a new apartment altogether. Check out the dazzling, spacious apartments at SOMO. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 419-843-0855 or schedule a tour to view your options.