Making a contribution for the environment need not be a large effort. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many things you can do to help protect our planet for future generations. Basic chores like picking sustainable items and reserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to embrace sustainable apartment living in Sylvania, here are some basic steps to get you started.
Substitute Your Single-Use Products With Lasting Items
Steer clear of one-time disposable containers and paper towels for cleaning. Embrace long-lasting items in your routine. Here are a few easy swaps to think about.
- Water bottles: When utilizing services like an exercise room wouldn't it be better to take a strong reusable flask instead of a weak disposable vessel? Steer clear of sending plastic to dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your dependency on disposable towels and instead, use washable dish towels or microfiber cloths to wipe off countertops, stovetops, and other messy surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why toss your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's finished? Instead, use a durable refillable soap dispenser. You'll discover them in a range of patterns to match your design taste.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can uncover a range of silicone-based products like vegetable storage containers, drinking straws, and even bags you can bring to school or your job.
Go one step further and find products like soap dispensers and water bottles made with recycled materials. This not only reduces waste but also encourages a more sustainable future.
Consider Protecting Water And Energy For A Sustainable Home In Sylvania
Have you ever forgotten to switch off the water while you’re cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not the only one to do this. Staying conscious of water usage is an excellent strategy for a green home in Sylvania. Along the same lines, make a point to turn the light off when exiting and power down your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider buying light-emitting diode choices.
- Reduce hot water usage by cutting down on steamy showers and doing your laundry in cool water instead.
- Try to avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Open windows when you can in the summertime and keep comfortable blankets and sweaters accessible in the winter.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Sylvania
Even if you start the habit of using a refillable water bottle, you may still encounter an occasional plastic one in your Sylvania home. Recycle the plastic bottle. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including toilet paper tubes, wine corks, and those cardboard containers that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your residential area has recycling. If not, you can locate them in the nearby area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Adopt a green lifestyle at your new Sylvania residence.
If you're looking for a new location to implement your eco-friendly apartment lifestyle goals, explore the wonderful options at SOMO Flats. Our Sylvania apartments will improve your way of life as you contribute to the health of the planet. You'll delight in the large units, superb perks, and friendly staff. Schedule a walk-through or simply dial 419-843-0855 to speak with a representative of our team.