How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Sylvania
Remote work is here to stay for numerous employees, whether you occupy a house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still create a versatile work area. Review these straightforward tips and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Sylvania.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Sylvania
- Choose a suitable desk. Finding a desk of a proper size to match your space is essential. If you work with a laptop, your desk only needs to be around 20 inches deep. The surface ought to be around 28 inches above the floor and can be any width that makes sense for your space. Make sure you have room for an extra monitor. You'll be glad you have it when you have PDFs up, a video meeting going, and various other windows open. Really tight on space? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can hide away when not in use.
- Where could your desk go? If you can tuck your desk neatly into a corner, great! But you might need to get more creative when positioning. A slim desk might be situated directly behind a couch. You might use a small rug and desk lamp to designate the spot as your office. An unused wall in your room will also do nicely. Put up some artwork or integrate some plantlife so you aren’t looking at a blank wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re tight on space, employ your desk for multiple functions. Put it beside your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work at your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Install floating shelves. These home office space savers work great when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have additional area for decor or supplies and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s particular aesthetic.
Would You Like Something Different? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own apartment? Incorporate a compact standing desk to alter your perspective and improve circulation. A reasonably priced laptop stand can help get your workstation at the proper height.
Here are some extra space-conserving things you can implement in your small apartment home office in Sylvania:
- Folders that attach to the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit under your desk
- Small storage containers you can stick to the your monitor
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and children
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At SOMO Flats
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at SOMO Flats. We have various floor plans available to suit your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our Sylvania property or contact us at 419-843-0855 if you would like additional information.